[OSM-dev] JOSM plugin for direct serial read

James R. Glasgow james at jrglasgow.com
Fri Dec 1 21:29:26 GMT 2006

Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> Isn't gpsd more for the car/laptop scenario?
>
> I was thinking more of this sort of use case, . walker gets in, walker
> connects GPS device to PC, walker transfers data from GPS to PC, walker
> creates new tracks.
>
> Nick

    Yes, gpsd is more for the car/laptop scenario. but I think it
would be great to be able to have JOSM loaded and running with the
local area downloaded into it, and pulling in my current location from
gpsd, or direct serial, making traces as i drive along.
    It would make it easier to know which streets have been mapped.
Also with a feature like this, I could pull over at the corner and add
the annotations while I am on the street.

    jrglagow