[OSM-dev] New version of tiles at home

Rhys Powell stanley12 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Dec 6 07:49:28 GMT 2006

James R. Glasgow wrote:

> I am having a problem with this new tiles at home script. when I run
>
> $ ./tilesGen.pl
>
> all I get is
>

> Downloading: Request from server done, 23 bytes
> OK, got something... (from the "grow" server module)
> Doing zoom level 12, location 2116, 1380
> Doing area around 50.485396,6.020508
> Downloading: Map data to data-4971.osm done, 0 bytes
> No data at this location
> Trying smaller slices...
> Downloading: Map data to data-4971-0.osm done, 0 bytes
> No data here either
>
> and then it stops.  Is this because there is just no data for this
> area and the other 20 areas it just tried, or is it a problem with the
> script?
>

> I also tried
>
> Doing zoom level 12, location 2141, 1396
> Doing zoom level 12, location 2018, 1291
> Doing zoom level 12, location 2007, 1307
> Doing zoom level 12, location 2025, 1382
> Doing zoom level 12, location 2108, 1356
> Doing zoom level 12, location 2143, 1422
>
> etc...

I was getting the same issue as well as it failing on a bad interpreter
say that it was #!/usr/bin/perl^M which I couldn't grep out so I had to
copy the script apart from that top line.

So far to get it to connect to the server I have had to add into the script
my $Niceness = "nice";
my $OsmUsername = "username";
my $OsmPassword = "password";

but I have now run out of time. It appears, on my system at least, that
the main script is not reading in the conf file, it is readable by all
so there is some other underlying reason. Not sure if I will get to look
into that today, but I should get a chance to just hack it to get it to
run hopefully.

Cheers

Rhys