[OSM-dev] Mapnik on Debian Sarge?

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Wed Dec 13 15:34:47 GMT 2006

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 03:29:06PM +0000, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> Anyone managed to get Mapnik installed on Debian Sarge?
> I'm thinking of doing a custom Mapnik render for Freemap whch would be
> rendered in a style similar to OS Landranger/Explorer, showing contours
> derived from SRTM, but my Bytemark VM is running sarge.

Not yet; I suspect you'll need to backport a fair number of
dependencies.

I'm currently working on packaging mapnik itself (for unstable); if time
allows I may work on backporting it and its dependencies to sarge, but
given the imminent release of etch it's hard to drum up that much
enthusiasm for tedious backporting work :)

Cheers,

Dominic.