[OSM-dev] Mapnik on Debian Sarge?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Dec 13 15:39:11 GMT 2006

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 03:29:06PM +0000, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> Anyone managed to get Mapnik installed on Debian Sarge?
> I'm thinking of doing a custom Mapnik render for Freemap whch would be
> rendered in a style similar to OS Landranger/Explorer, showing contours
> derived from SRTM, but my Bytemark VM is running sarge.

"Can't be done" -- you'll need to install libboost 1.33 to run mapnik
out of SVN, which isn't in sarge. It also doesn't compile cleanly for me
even after that -- see my previous email on adding -pthreads to the
scons setup -- but that might just be me.

If you can install libboost 1.33 libs, it should work. That's all I
remember having to do.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt