[Openstreetmap-dev] JOSM rc2 released

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:18:30 GMT 2006

On 1/12/06, Andy Robinson <Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Imi,
>
> Your efforts to date are to be commended.
>
> I would find the ability to export the raw GPS point data very useful,
> partly for a larger area as it would save waiting to download from the
> server each time, just refresh now and again.
>
> Background image capability would be useful (with some form of appropriate
> calibration) so that I can experiment with some older historic maps.

If you want to calibrate (georeference?) images you can use a plugin
to QGIS 0.7.0,   it will write out worldfiles so you can import it
into other applications later. So I think , if JOSM should support
background images just try to keep it at loading images that have
geodata in them.

BTW, it's pain to georef old maps, I tried with and old one of
Stockholm, turns out I have no idea what projection it was in (it was
streched out nonlinearly).

--
/Erik