[Openstreetmap-dev] curves

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:56:16 GMT 2006

On 1/18/06, Tom Carden <tom at tom-carden.co.uk> wrote:

> I've added a couple of references for Java and Processing.
>
> Also, I know that Illustrator has good support for text on curves, but I
> don't know how it represents it in the file (it might just be good tool
> support).  It's worth taking a look at the Illustrator file format (it's
> plain text) and seeing if there are any pointers there.  Also worth
> making sure Illustrator, SVG, PostScript and PDF can express whatever
> curves you choose, since they are likely output formats.  A nod to CAD
> software like AutoCAD (DXF format) can't hurt either.

SVG can express text on curves, so I'm guessing Illustrator can handle
it (some one with Illustrator can load the test case bellow). Firefox
now has support for SVG text-path in the nightly-builds, and ordinary
curves without text in the 1.5 version.

text-path test case.
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20030813/htmlframe/full-text-path-01-b.html

I would like to point out that text on curves are hard to get right.

--
/Erik