[Openstreetmap-dev] curves

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Jan 18 12:16:08 GMT 2006

* @ 18/01/06 12:55:10 AM tom at tom-carden.co.uk wrote:
> SteveC wrote:
> >Hmmm
> >
> >Please update this:
> >
> >http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/Bezier_curves
> >

> I've added a couple of references for Java and Processing.
>
> Also, I know that Illustrator has good support for text on curves, but I
> don't know how it represents it in the file (it might just be good tool
> support).  It's worth taking a look at the Illustrator file format (it's
> plain text) and seeing if there are any pointers there.  Also worth
> making sure Illustrator, SVG, PostScript and PDF can express whatever
> curves you choose, since they are likely output formats.  A nod to CAD
> software like AutoCAD (DXF format) can't hurt either.

Yeah...

I was particularly interested in eps doing quadratic as I wanted to add
eps output for cartographers. It's something fairly easy to do.

Anyone have a non trivial knowledge of eps and in particular, how you
associate a comment in eps with a line so it shows up as a property of
the line in Illustrator (or whatever)?

have fun,