[Openstreetmap-dev] Returning the whole data instead of the id.

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Tue Jan 31 23:00:38 GMT 2006

Hi,

> Well, how could you not use it?  It is the only way to get the id for
> a node you have created.

Maybe the client is throwing away the info and reloading the data anyway? ;-)

> > cool for all offline editors, since the lat/lon may have been changed
> > (due rounding). This could also enable the server to do some filtering or
>
> Why is this useful?  Every update of lat/lon will resulte in some
> rounding.  So why do you need to know the rounding?

To update the intern data representation. If uploading a new node, the offline
client has to GET this note after every PUT to update its data. With my
suggestion, this GET is implicit ;)

> And shouldn't the rounding effect be very small?

Hopeful.. yes. But that's not the point, isn't it? A difference is a
difference.

Ciao, Imi.