[OSM-dev] planet parsers?

Joerg Ostertag openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Mon Jul 3 22:50:19 BST 2006

On Monday 03 July 2006 22:00, nick at hogweed.org wrote:
> Just out of interest, does anyone have a planet-to-sql parser that handles
> tags? Have looked in svn and can see a few but none handle tags.
>
> I had already written a php-based parser which handles tags, but am
> encountering problems (seem to be memory-related ... even though it
> shouldn't use up much memory) with the latest planet. If anyone has a
> parser that supports tags it will save me the bother of writing another one
> myself (in another language such as ruby or c++, probably) myself.

Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but maybe it helps as a start:

In the cvs Version of gpsdrive you can find something similar.
 geoinfo.pl --db-user=root --db-password=miracle --no-delete --osm
will setup a geoinfo-db with all the nodes converted to gpsdrive Format. It
reads the *.osm Files and also converts the tags. You might take it as a base
and rewrite the sql-writing part.

--
Jörg Ostertag (München)

http://www.ostertag.name/