[OSM-dev] planet parsers?

Nick Burch openstreetmap at gagravarr.org
Mon Jul 24 22:31:48 BST 2006

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 nick at hogweed.org wrote:
> Just out of interest, does anyone have a planet-to-sql parser that
> handles tags? Have looked in svn and can see a few but none handle tags.

I've just ended up writing one in perl. It supports tags, and references
to missing nodes and segments. Only postgres support for now, but it
should be easy to just drop in the code for other databases (I designed it
with that in mind). Run it with -schema to spit out a schema.

Could someone with SVN commit please add it in? /utils/planet.osm/perl/
looks like the right place

Hopefully it'll be useful for others :)

Nick