[OSM-dev] lack of server coders (was: London Underground stations?)

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Tue Jul 4 14:51:56 BST 2006

Hi,

> (If anyone is really concerned, maybe there could be an "anonymise"
> option when uploading a GPX, which would offset your timestamps by n
> amount - and correspondingly mark the track as tainted, so this false
> data wasn't used for any important analysis.)

Better not transfer/store the timestamp at all for those. <time> tag is
optional in GPX and (at least) I consider it a bug that the current server
does not accept valid GPX documents missing <time> information.

And for the privacy stuff: As long as the registration of new accounts
does not require real life identity to be revealed, I am fine with
everything I uploaded made public ;-).
On the other hand, anonymity for the remaining minority does not work if
majority do not want it. And I think the decision to be anonym is rather a
human right than an optional privilege...

Ciao, Imi