[OSM-dev] lack of server coders (was: London Underground stations?)

Tue Jul 4 14:16:59 BST 2006

Quoting Ben Gimpert <ben at somethingmodern.com>:

> Therefore, I ask that the community respond to this message with a yea
> or nea on their inclusion on a "white list" of those who don't give a
> shit if the NSA knows they were at Starbucks at 9:37am this morning.

I hereby declare that I don't give a shit.

(If anyone is really concerned, maybe there could be an "anonymise"
option when uploading a GPX, which would offset your timestamps by n
amount - and correspondingly mark the track as tainted, so this false
data wasn't used for any important analysis.)

> Now, as for Steve taking down the server -- I don't mind if he shits on
> and then kicks the server into The Thames without telling anyone.

On the other hand, if you intend to proceed with the above-announced
plan, I am hereby formally warning you that I shall report you to the
Environment Agency (in the person of my occasional drinking companion
who helps run navigation on the Thames) for pollution of a main river.

cheers
Richard