[OSM-dev] osm pdf-atlas

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Fri Jul 14 20:41:28 BST 2006

On Friday 14 July 2006 20:26, Joerg Ostertag wrote:
> Is there anything/anyone who is against this? And if so why?

* Ease of download.  Not everyone has an SVN client on all their computers.
I'm often using other peoples' computers, and want to download the atlas code
from there.

* SVN ease of use.  At the moment, I don't even know how to download one SVN
directory without getting the whole archive of all OSM code.

* Changes by non-approved users.  Only a few people have SVN access.  We might
want other people to suggest changes to the config files (e.g. nick noticed
that dunfermline had an inverted longitude and changed the wiki)

* Commenting and discussion features available on the wiki.

OK, I don't like using the wiki for source-code, and I'm sure all these things
are solveable if you put the effort in.  But wiki is a useful backup for more
complex systems.

If the official version is going to be SVN, then at least put instructions on
[[PDF atlas]] wiki page saying how to download it.  Preferably instructions
that don't involve downloading multi-megabyte SVN clients...

Regards

OJW