[OSM-dev] osm pdf-atlas

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 08:44:09 BST 2006

On 7/14/06, Joerg Ostertag <openstreetmap at ostertag.name> wrote:
> On Friday 14 July 2006 21:41, OJW wrote:
> > On Friday 14 July 2006 20:26, Joerg Ostertag wrote:

<snipity snip>

> > > Is there anything/anyone who is against this? And if so why?
> > might want other people to suggest changes to the config files (e.g. nick
> > noticed that dunfermline had an inverted longitude and changed the wiki)
>
> Exactly this is the problem. Now we seam to have 2 differing Versions. Or did
> he check it into the svn? Or did he tell anyone that he changed it in the
> wiki and someone else should update it in SVN?

I mailed the list and explained that I didnt have SVN access at the
time.  I have access now, but I haven't updated the file.

I see both your points here - it does kind of defeat the purpose of
having SVN if the source is duplicated elsewhere - but then it does
make things more accessible.  I havent used SVN very much, but it
doesnt seem too hard.  It *is* another barrier to entry for newcommers
though - no-one outside of the Linux or development world is likely to
have come accross CVS before.

Nick