[OSM-dev] Using the API from the dev server: is it possible?

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Wed Jul 19 20:30:07 BST 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 19.07.2006, 20:44 +0200 schrieb Tommy Persson:
> "Immanuel Scholz" <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de> writes:
>
> > In the meantime, I wrote a HOWTO to setup an offline server at your box,
> > which does not suffer from this (but requires a linux box with an # at the
> > end of your prompt).
> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_test_server
>
> I am trying to setup a server following this.  Is this still correct?

Yes, should be.
But currently, the mysql-schema file is out of sync with the server ruby
code. So until someone fix this (e.g. by running "mysqldump -d osm" on
the production machine), any attempts to speak with your testserver will
be futile. :-(

> The configuration file do:
>
>    RubyRequire apache/simple-auth
>
> but I cannot fins the file simple-auth.rb anywhere?

That's bad.

It should be under www.openstreetmap.org/ruby/api/apache/simple-auth.rb
within the subversion (this is not an url, but a path into subversion
archive! ;)

Ciao, Imi.