[OSM-dev] API 0.3 - Map call

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Tue Mar 14 11:27:42 GMT 2006

Hi,

> To follow up, I think the problem might currently be with JOSM?

Lemme look..... hm.... YEP! There is indeed a bug with saving/loading .osm
or .xml files in JOSM, thanks for reporting :)

I broke the import of the changes when loading from file. This means, if
you save to file in OSM format then reload, all previous deleted objects
are back there. Even more, all changes marked "already uploaded" and so
pressing upload on a fresh loaded .xml file will not upload anything..

GPX load/save should not be affected.

However, this seems not to be your problem. If no saving/loading from disk
is involved, everything looks fine to me (currently)... :-?

This should work:
- start JOSM
- download some area
- delete a way
- upload the changes
- close JOSM
- start JOSM
- download the same area
-> The way should not be there anymore.

Can someone confirm this? Unfortunatly, I am heavily firewalled here at
work and cannot access the osm server :(

> Way id's 43 and 44 for example. In JOSM I selected a single line segment
> <seg id="156861"/> and then clicked the "way" button. I then reselected
> this new way (to turn it white) and edited the keys and values for it.
> What was then created on upload was:
>
> <way id="43" timestamp="2006-03-14 10:55:07">
>     <seg id="156861"/>
>     <tag k="created_by" v="JOSM"/>
>     <tag k="id" v="AJR000006"/>
>     <tag k="type" v="highway"/>
>     <tag k="construction" v="paved"/>
>     <tag k="name" v="Maple Road"/>
>     <tag k="postal_code" v="B72"/>
>   </way>
>   <way id="44" timestamp="2006-03-14 10:55:07">
>     <seg id="156861"/>
>     <tag k="created_by" v="JOSM"/>
>   </way>

You created a new way..  I thought there is a problem with deleting them?
How did you try to delete the way?

Did you save/reload the data to/from an .xml or .osm file before trying to
upload the deletion?

Ciao, Imi.