[OSM-dev] API 0.3 - Map call

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 14 12:07:49 GMT 2006

Immanuel Scholz wrote:
>Sent: 14 March 2006 11:28
>To: dev at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: RE: [OSM-dev] API 0.3 - Map call
>
>Hi,
>
>> To follow up, I think the problem might currently be with JOSM?
>
>Lemme look..... hm.... YEP! There is indeed a bug with saving/loading .osm
>or .xml files in JOSM, thanks for reporting :)
>
>I broke the import of the changes when loading from file. This means, if
>you save to file in OSM format then reload, all previous deleted objects
>are back there. Even more, all changes marked "already uploaded" and so
>pressing upload on a fresh loaded .xml file will not upload anything..
>
>GPX load/save should not be affected.
>
>However, this seems not to be your problem. If no saving/loading from disk
>is involved, everything looks fine to me (currently)... :-?
>
>This should work:
>- start JOSM
>- download some area
>- delete a way
>- upload the changes
>- close JOSM
>- start JOSM
>- download the same area
>-> The way should not be there anymore.
>

>Can someone confirm this? Unfortunatly, I am heavily firewalled here at
>work and cannot access the osm server :(

yes imi, JOSM is doing it correctly. I think my confusion is that if two
Ways consisting of the same segments are present on the db, only one of them
shows up when you make a selection in JOSM by clicking the Way. Is there a
method of listing all the underlying Ways without using a selection box
area, which does list the duplicates. A selection box of course lists
everything (Ndes, Segments and Ways) so its not necessarily that easy to
spot which duplicate Ways are the culprit.