[OSM-dev] Applet now featuring ways

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Sun Mar 19 23:53:47 GMT 2006

* @ 19/03/06 11:39:42 PM immanuel.scholz at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just uploaded a new version of the applet. It isn't in a perfect stable
> state, so I ask all of you with a test accout, please heavily test it.
> (Those without test possiblities, get some! ;)
>
> Most important is that someone with Java 1.4 try to compile and quick-test
> the applet. I hope I did not use any calls to 1.5-only functions. (Except

Thanks for all your work imi. I get this with jdk 1.4.2 which may or may
not be java 5 related but I'm off to bed too, I'll try playing
tomorrow.

As an aside, if we (I mean I) can fix this dev server thing then you can
set it up and invite anyone to play.

steve at bartgs47:~/svn.openstreetmap.org$ java -version
java version "1.4.2-rc1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
Blackdown-1.4.2-rc1)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build Blackdown-1.4.2-rc1, mixed mode)
steve at bartgs47:~/svn.openstreetmap.org$ cd java
steve at bartgs47:~/svn.openstreetmap.org/java$ ant
Buildfile: build.xml

init:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /home2/steve/svn.openstreetmap.org/java/build
    [mkdir] Created dir: /home2/steve/svn.openstreetmap.org/java/dist
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/home2/steve/svn.openstreetmap.org/java/dist/api
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/home2/steve/svn.openstreetmap.org/java/dist/rc1/org
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/home2/steve/svn.openstreetmap.org/java/dist/rc1/org/openstreetmap
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/home2/steve/svn.openstreetmap.org/java/dist/rc1/org/openstreetmap/processing

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 28 source files to
/home2/steve/svn.openstreetmap.org/java/build
    [javac]
/home2/steve/svn.openstreetmap.org/java/src/org/openstreetmap/client/OxParser.java:75:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method valueOf (long)
    [javac] location: class java.lang.Long
    [javac]                     current = new
Line((Node)nodes.get(Long.valueOf(line_from_id)),
(Node)nodes.get(Long.valueOf(line_to_id)), id);
    [javac]
^