[OSM-dev] Applet now featuring ways

David Sheldon dave-osm at earth.li
Wed Mar 22 10:18:37 GMT 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 12:39:42AM +0100, Immanuel Scholz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just uploaded a new version of the applet. It isn't in a perfect stable
> state, so I ask all of you with a test accout, please heavily test it.
> (Those without test possiblities, get some! ;)
>
> Most important is that someone with Java 1.4 try to compile and quick-test
> the applet. I hope I did not use any calls to 1.5-only functions. (Except
> one call to setAlwaysOnTop, but this is done via reflection and tested if
> it is not present before ;).

The current version (revision 930) has two calls to StringBuilder (1.5 only):
    [javac] /home/sheldon/hacking/openstreetmap/java/src/org/openstreetmap/util/OsmWriter.java:99: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class StringBuilder
    [javac] location: class org.openstreetmap.util.OsmWriter
    [javac]             StringBuilder buffer = null;
    [javac]                 ^
    [javac] /home/sheldon/hacking/openstreetmap/java/src/org/openstreetmap/util/OsmWriter.java:104: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class StringBuilder
    [javac] location: class org.openstreetmap.util.OsmWriter
    [javac]                                     buffer = new StringBuilder(unencoded.substring(0,i));

David

--
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
would also stop you from doing clever things.