[OSM-dev] rendering: mad ideas

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 11:42:31 GMT 2006

> Selectively rendering only the tiles which have changed should be top
> priority if we wish to scale.  I thought Mikel was nearly there with
> this, is there a sticking point that anyone can help with?

Agreed, this would be the far less mad idea for rendering, especially if OSM picked up 1 or 2 more machines to host with the rest.

The last time I was investigating this, things got stuck with Squid. I was trying to implement cache invalidation on a list of cache objects, using the squidpurge tool, and it wasn't working brilliantly. Help welcome.