[OSM-dev] Re: [OSM-talk] Problem uploading

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Mar 29 23:50:04 BST 2006

Hi Dan

I'm totally baffled. I can tell you whats not working, but not why.

Line 45 of upload-gpx.rb says

tmpfile = cgi.params['gpxfile'].first.path.

what this does is get the filename of where the uploaded file is on the
sever (apache copies it to a random place with a funny name), so it's
independent of the actual file itself. It's nil, the same as null in
other languages. Error logs show nothing.

But, other files upload fine and there is lots of disk space available
and the filename itself I changed when I tried to upload it. So it has
to be the contents. Somehow. Maybe something like the encoding or the
wrong type of line endings. It really shouldn't be though.

I'm copying to the dev list. If you could upload it somewhere for other
people to look at then we might pin it down.

Sorry!

* @ 29/03/06 10:27:30 PM dan at karran.net wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Just to give a little more troubleshooting info... I've tried the same
> file a few times, and it won't work, but I've also managed to
> successfully re-upload a file from yesterday.
>
> The only difference I can spot is that the previous files have had
> more than one ACTIVE LOG, whilst this one only has a single one.
>

> Cheers,
> Dan
>
> On 3/29/06, Dan Karran <dan at karran.net> wrote:
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > Just checked inside the file and it looks like a normal GPX. Here it
> > is anyway, in case you can see anything weird with it.
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Dan

> > > No.. but someone is hitting the database pretty hard.
> > >
> > > Can I have a copy of the file to debug?
> > >
> > > have fun,
> > >
> > > SteveC steve at asklater.com http://www.asklater.com/steve/
> > >

> > --