[OSM-dev] Re: [OSM-talk] Problem uploading

Dan Karran dan at karran.net
Thu Mar 30 09:11:58 BST 2006

On 3/30/06, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan
>
> I'm totally baffled. I can tell you whats not working, but not why.
>
> Line 45 of upload-gpx.rb says
>
> tmpfile = cgi.params['gpxfile'].first.path.
>
> what this does is get the filename of where the uploaded file is on the
> sever (apache copies it to a random place with a funny name), so it's
> independent of the actual file itself. It's nil, the same as null in
> other languages. Error logs show nothing.
>
> But, other files upload fine and there is lots of disk space available
> and the filename itself I changed when I tried to upload it. So it has
> to be the contents. Somehow. Maybe something like the encoding or the
> wrong type of line endings. It really shouldn't be though.
>
> I'm copying to the dev list. If you could upload it somewhere for other
> people to look at then we might pin it down.

I've uploaded the file to
http://www.dankarran.com/openstreetmap/Tracks290306.gpx

If anyone has any ideas why this may not be working, please let me
know. Files created by the same program (same version of the program)
have worked in the past, and uploading a tracklog from the previous
day still works fine for me.

I have tried a few more things with the file this morning, but still no luck.

Cheers,
Dan

--
Dan Karran