[OSM-dev] New map renderer now working in OSM environment

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 10:00:58 BST 2006

> Have now integrated the new map renderer into the OSM environment, at
> http://nick.dev.openstreetmap.org. I think it's more or less ready to go live
> now.

Looking awesome.

How does the php renderer compare in performance to the current ruby code? I imagine its an improvement.
Now that we have new machines coming online soon, there's the possibility of doing tile rendering in the background .. perhaps you're already looking into this?

> Note that the Landsat is grabbed from my PHP script from onearth.jpl.nasa.gov.
> If you let me know the URL of the OSM Landsat server I can replace it and the
> landsat will appear much quicker :-)

http://landsat.openstreetmap.org:3128/wms.cgi?request=GetMap&layers=modis,global_mosaic&srs=EPSG:4326

This connects directly to squid running on landsat.openstreetmap.org (dev). It's currently configured to only accept requests from dev or tile .. so depending on how things get set up, that configuration will need updating.

> The view link isn't updating when the location or zoom changes.

This was previously done in javascript with the "update_perma_link" function.

Mikel