[OSM-dev] Re: New renderer... move to Ruby/rmagick?

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue May 16 13:09:32 BST 2006

>So, wait a year and all the computers are twice as powerful :-). It
>really helps if it's in ruby as all the SQL is there, it's what's used
>anyway, and I wont have to maintain seperate codebases.

OK fine, will get going on converting it to ruby.

>> BTW where is the place to start looking for the latlon -> zoom code
(for
>> wms?)

>There's no such thing, you'll see the streets.rbx instantiates a
>Mercator class, this lives in dao. But it should be seperate. It's a
>hack and should really use something like the Mercator java code in the
>applet.

I found an old email of yours and worked it out in the end... seemed quite
simple, basically zoom 1 = 360 degrees = 512 pixels, zoom 2 = 360 degrees
= 1024 pixels, etc.

Did you get my email of last night that I've sorted WMS compliance and
separated contours into their own layer? Basically means it should now be
ready to go live.

Nick