[OSM-dev] Clarification on dev server problems

Nick Hill nick at nickhill.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 10:39:59 GMT 2006

UCL block pings.

The servers can establish a port 80 connection to remote hosts.

It seems the host you are trying to connect to is not in DNS:

--10:35:27--  http://ustile.npemap.org/
            => `index.html'
Resolving ustile.npemap.org... failed: Name or service not known.

It appears npemap.org domain name has expired, as they aren't shown on whois,
and the DNS. Nick, Make an urgent note of the ip address the server is on whilst
your home DNS server has a record.