[OSM-dev] osmarender : suggestion for file organisation in distribution

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Tue Nov 7 12:32:10 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 12:30, Dubravko Penezic wrote:
> Hi 80n,
>
> I just download last distribution (1551) of osmarender, to have clear
> not spoiled (with my add ons, and  changing) distribution.
>
> I suggest follow :
> * move two png files in new directory called images

Since these images are needed by almost every renderer what about using a
central place for them and only symlinking it inside svn into the osmarender
subdirectory?

> * add file with licence info

Maybe same as for images

> * add file with changes and version info (nothing fancy, just short note)
> * add README.txt in both new directory to explain what is in and way
> (if I understand policy correctly two PNG files must be on map when
> rendering is finish)
>
> This is just cosmetic changes to be clear what is what .
>
> I dint found reason way index.html is in distribution ? is it a part
> of scripts or ?

The reason was, that the resulting image is transparent. And the grey thin
lines on a transparent image are almost invisible.

-
Joerg