[OSM-dev] osmarender : suggestion for file organisation in distribution

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Tue Nov 7 13:18:49 GMT 2006

> > > I dint found reason way index.html is in distribution ? is it a part
> > > of scripts or ?
> >
> > The reason was, that the resulting image is transparent. And the grey
> > thin lines on a transparent image are almost invisible.
>
> Is it part of render engine, or part of scripts ?

part of viewing the result of the script ;-)
So I would put it into the result directory.
Which I personally would prefer not to have inside
the development directory.
I'd suggest it under
 ~/osm/osmarender/index.html
just besides the other default locations:
~/osm/planet/planet-061105-a.osm
~/osm/planet/planet-061105.osm.bz2
~/osm/planet/csv
~/osm/planet/csv/ways-europe.csv
~/osm/planet/csv/osm-europe.csv.storable
~/osm/planet/csv/osm-europe.csv
~/osm/GSHHS
~/osm/pdf-atlas/osm_atlas-europe.pdf

-