[OSM-dev] [JOSM] new feature request - second osm layer

Dubravko Penezic dpenezic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 13:59:48 GMT 2006

Hi 80n,

On 11/9/06, 80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:
> In what way is this different from the already existing and implemented
> layer tag?
>
> See
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Map_features#Properties
> and
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Osmarender#Layers
>
> 80n

Layers in implement version is for rendering map (on paper). Using
layer to implement all possible feature is great feature.

What is new is a fact that you now have two paper on on top of
another. Two maps with all existing feature, but with one big diferent
:
One map (basic) is regular map (with all standard details) downlodable
from osm server, and you may use it like that.

Second map (over) is map which have only details for specific use
(bike route for Croatian championship in geocaching ;) ). I dont know
if you serve in army, but usual thing is to draw  route over existing
map, what to do, how to do etc. That info are special, it isnt for
general use, and probably no one care about it.

Plus first basic map is drawed with lower opacity so important detail
is shown sharply.

Sun I devide styles and rules I will distributed it with example. If
you like you may test right now, but it is only for testing right now.

Dubravko