[OSM-dev] Nestoria Tiles Write Up

Dave osm at randomjunk.co.uk
Thu Oct 26 13:15:48 BST 2006

> most linux based machines come with the necessary dependencies, and
> apt-get install librsvg should install them straight away for debian
> people anyways. I don't see the problem :d
>
> in comparison installing java is probably more involved, and making sure
> stuff works with free versions of it may be more troublesome...

Installing Java globally on Linux can be a pain in the behind, but
installing it into a directory and then using that version is really
easy (like ./sun-jre-pack.bin, ./sun-jre/bin/java easy). To that degree
you can distribute java along with the program and a shell script to do
it for you.

Installing Java on Windows is really easy, and as Ubuntu bug 1 says,
that's most people.