[OSM-dev] JOSM patches applied and suggestion for plugin environment?

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Fri Sep 8 19:52:44 BST 2006

On Friday 08 September 2006 20:31, Immanuel Scholz wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Today, I applied the patches sent by you so far. Sorry for the delay ;)

> Of course, the coolest advantage of plugins is, when it comes to add
> non-Java stuff as plugin, which is probably much easier than direct
> integration into JOSM.... ;-)  (already planned for osm-filter.pl but
> postponed due lack of time.. :(  )
>
> Comments?

If we can get an interface to non java programs would be great. I already have
two candidates for this.
 - gpsbabel: this would enable josm to almost directly read multiple
   tracklog-formats, including from a serial connection to the GPS.
 - osmfilter.pl would enable us to directly filter the incoming track into a
   osm file including duplicate checks and data reduction.

> Ideas?

Some ideas for more filters:
 - If we can call external programs someone could write a filter to correct
   all those dual carriage way highways. And make all the nodes for the
   segments same length, same distance.
 - take the data from a bunch of segments and fill them into a way

> Flames?

Do I have to ;-)

> Would anyone be interested in writing plugins at all? (Nick?)

If they don't have to be in Java; YES!

-

Joerg