[OSM-dev] JOSM patches applied and suggestion for plugin environment?

Simon Hewison simon at zymurgy.org
Fri Sep 8 22:26:18 BST 2006

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) wrote:
> Some ideas for more filters:
>  - If we can call external programs someone could write a filter to correct
>    all those dual carriage way highways. And make all the nodes for the
>    segments same length, same distance.

Whilst it's all very well having dual carriageways perfectly aligned,
with the nodes perfectly aligned on the turns, there's always going to
the cases where there's a junction that is accessible from one direction
and not the other.

Therefore, any automatic method of dealing with dual carriageways and
motorways and attempting to re-align them needs to cope with this, as
well as coping with cases where the carriageways diverge, eg

http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=51.6865747757127&lon=-0.226891328004967&zoom=14

(the M25 motorway near the A1(M) South Mimms Interchange)

--
Simon Hewison