[OSM-dev] Select and move - mode

Wollschaf mith at uni.de
Mon Sep 11 09:13:15 BST 2006

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 00:57:34 +0100, Jon Burgess wrote:

> I admit that adding POI nodes is not something which occurs as often as
> plain nodes & segments, but I still think we should still try to reduce
> the number of mouse clicks wherever possible.

Reducing the number of mouse clicks is good. But usability is a lot worse
for me after the patch... Adding both carriageways of a motorway involves
a lot of moving nodes and segments, which is now very hard.

It's like writing text in a word processor which is automatically selected
while writing. Not very intuitive.

I'll revert to an old copy of josm-latest for now, as I can't edit with
the new patch without getting very angry at everything ;)

I suggest a separate POI mode that adds and selects a node and
directly opens the add key window.

Wollschaf