[OSM-dev] Select and move - mode

Robert Hart Robert.Hart at BuroHappold.com
Mon Sep 11 11:28:01 BST 2006

I think there are two problems with JOSM:

1) the tools work differently depending on whether or not there *is* a
selection.

2) the selection can only be changed in "selection" mode.

I think it would be more consistent with other packages if the "operate on
selection tools" - i.e. move and delete - only work if there *is* a
selection and then drop back into select mode.

The "create new stuff" tools (i.e. add node and add segment) are frequently
used repeatedly and hence should stay in that mode (with a suitable cursor
so that it's obvious), but escape and/or return drop back to select mode.