[OSM-dev] Selecting new nodes by default

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Mon Sep 11 19:30:54 BST 2006

It seems most people dislike the change I sent to Imi to pre-select
newly created nodes (based on the number of negative comments seen so
far on the list).

The behaviour can be reversed easily (a patch is  attached). If we want
to make this behaviour available via some other mechanism, it seems
there are several options:-

1) Add a key press to select the last created object
2) Add a modifier (e.g. shift) when creating node to pre-select
3) Add a new mode where nodes are pre-selected
4) Add an option in the preferences
... or 5) Drop the idea entirely

My preferred options are probably 2 or 3, both are fairly easy to
implement. Let me know which option you prefer or suggest some more.

	Jon