[OSM-dev] GPS track db may be locked shortly

Nick Hill nick at nickhill.co.uk
Sat Sep 16 03:13:35 BST 2006

All services back on-line. The GPS tracks are now internally represented
by a 32 bit signed int to an accuracy of 0.1uD. Currently, the DB is
converting to/from float via the SQL queries. I hope that eventually the
int representation will be available through the API.

The new schema will reduce the index size held in memory, and improve
the comparison times in the DB.

GPS track downloads should be considerably faster, and free up some
server memory.

I aborted a slow attempt to sort the GPS data. Perhaps another time.