[OSM-dev] Newbie openstreetmap developer on the "Essen Developers Workshop"?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Apr 3 09:49:07 BST 2007

Hi,

> - "usability focus" - what newbies will stumble over - web page, wiki,
> josm, ... I'll prepare a short presentation what I've stumbled over
> getting started with openstreetmap

Imi, the JOSM developer, is going to be there and I know from e-mail
discussions that he has been thinking a lot about the user interface
model used by JOSM, i.e. the various "modes" and what mouse clicks do
when you are in a certain mode and so on, and whether that should
perhaps be rearranged to work more like traditional graphics editors.
I believe he'd be very happy about the chance to discuss this with
someone who has experience in the field.

Be careful what you say about the wiki though, you'll have the job of
First Wiki Overhaul Editor And Co-Ordinator before you can say "no
thank you" ;-)

See you in Essen!
Frederik