[OSM-dev] Tiger Import dev environment

Cory Lueninghoener cluening at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 14:57:18 BST 2007

Well, the quick-and-simple howto is:

  apt-get install apache mysql-server mysql-client python

but that makes a few assumptions about the machine already being up
and knowing what to do after the packages are installed.  I'm pretty
familiar with the debian/mysql/apache/python family of friends and
would be happy to dive in and help out.  Feel free to mail me either
on- or off-list if you need some help getting going.

On 4/3/07, Nathan Rover <NRover at websitemakers.com> wrote:
> Don Smith wrote:
> > Any word on the tiger environment? Are we set on python?
> >
> > Don Smith

> Sorry, ran into a little delay, I had a water line break in my office...
> Spent the last few days fixing that.
>
> I started to install Debian, I've developed in Debian before but it was
> a year ago, so I've found I'm a little rusty. Can anyone recommend a
> (free) how-to guide or something to assist with setting up the server
> and packages for mySQL, Appachie and Python?
>
> Thomas had expressed interest in helping and he seemed fine with python,
> but I haven't heard anything from him for the last week or so.
>
> Nathan Rover

Cory Lueninghoener
Perl, C, & Linux Hacker
http://www.wirelesscouch.net/~cluening/