[OSM-dev] Some help with proj.4

Andreas Volz lists at brachttal.net
Sat Apr 7 22:27:03 BST 2007

Am Sat, 07 Apr 2007 11:02:37 +0200 schrieb Stefan de Konink:

> Hi,
>
> Andreas Volz wrote:
> > I'm reading the OSM data from a postgis DB in my C++ application. I
> > like to render the map with OpenGL. So I started with the city
> > names to get something displayed. My app reads some cities and
> > coordinated from postgis:
>
> What is your target to make? I started to work on an OpenGL program
> too. If you want we can team up. My target is to make an 2D version
> using Cairo and a 3D version using OpenGL.

My target is an embedded system I like to use in a car. For now I use
OpenGL as drawing engine while development because I know it well. But
perhaps I'll later change the graphic subsystem because there's
probably no 3D chip on my hardware.

You could help me to get started with my application. Perhaps we've the
same target and could work together in future.

regards
Andreas