[OSM-dev] Some help with proj.4

Andreas Volz lists at brachttal.net
Sat Apr 7 23:34:14 BST 2007

Am Sat, 7 Apr 2007 23:54:30 +0200 (CEST) schrieb Stefan de Konink:

> On Sat, 7 Apr 2007, Andreas Volz wrote:

> > > What is your target to make? I started to work on an OpenGL
> > > program too. If you want we can team up. My target is to make an
> > > 2D version using Cairo and a 3D version using OpenGL.
> >
> > My target is an embedded system I like to use in a car. For now I
> > use OpenGL as drawing engine while development because I know it
> > well. But perhaps I'll later change the graphic subsystem because
> > there's probably no 3D chip on my hardware.
>
> I'm in exactly the same situation. Target is a free car routing
> thingie. Why I mentioned cairo is simple, there are virtually no
> embedded 3D systems.
>
> > You could help me to get started with my application. Perhaps we've
> > the same target and could work together in future.
>
> I guess we are. So basically I guess we should start rendering some
> elementairy shapes. Don't forget, if we get it to work in Cairo, we
> have an OpenGL backend. Now the downside to that is; You cannot easy
> change a map from flat to birdview. And that kind of stuff need to be
> done manually.

I thought about using the Evas[1] toolkit for graphic rendering because
I use E17 and like their libraries. Also possible to use OpenGL (and
even cairo) as backend for evas. But I think the backend choose isn't so
important in this stage of development.

regards
Andreas

[1] http://enlightenment.org/Libraries/Evas/