[OSM-dev] Is there interest in a Win32 installer for JOSM?

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Mon Apr 16 11:42:19 BST 2007

Grant Slater wrote:
> Any luck with an Nullsoft installer?
Yes, I have a working installer (and uninstaller) now that only needs
some minor polishing, before a first alpha release could be published.

I'll have to cleanup some stuff in the scripts and need to write a
README.txt so others who are willing to help will have a smooth start.
That will greatly remove a lot of pointless discussion IMHO.

The installer itself was easy for me to do, but figuring out the josm
specifics (plugins, default settings, ...) was a bit harder.

At the Essen Developer Workshop we figured out that some of the things I
currently do in the installer should actually be part of josm instead
(like changing the defaults to show arrows for segments). However, that
would be another step, let's make the installer "public" for a first
start ...
> Looking at the wiki stats 75% of hits are from Windows. (70% XP)
> http://stats.wiki.openstreetmap.org/awstats/awstats.pl?config=wiki.openstreetmap.org

So at least, I'm not alone with my Windows machine, as in the workshop ;-)

I wanted to wait for the workshop to get me "up and running" with the
project. Now that it's over, I'll try (I'm pretty busy this week) to do
the cleanup and check things into the osm subversion. We can later move
it over to the eigenheimstrasse subversion if we (and Imi) want(s) to.

Who should I ask to get osm subversion write access, so I can check
things in?

Regards, ULFL