[OSM-dev] Proxy for the API

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 17:30:43 BST 2007

On 4/16/07, Stefan de Konink <skinkie at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Yesterday on IRC was talked about using a proxy for the API. In general
> a proxy will give a higher uptime for many people and the chance to do
> work on the backend. In contrast to 'local' mirrors for specific
> countries, which may give higher uptimes for that country but in general
> can lead to merging errors.

It's a nice idea, I even implemented most of one, but there's one real
issue: conflicts. Currently there is (rudementary) support for
detecting conflicts. You lose that when going through a proxy. I have
no idea how to deal with that, other than dropping the idea of
conflict detection altogether.

Have a nice day,