[OSM-dev] JOSM gcj

Nick Hill nick at nickhill.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 16:24:26 BST 2007

Hello Sander

I don't know Fedora's medium term policy with regards Java. I assume we will ave
full SUN java compatibility in all Linux distros soon given SUN has/is releasing
it's Java implementation under the GPL.

A great add-on for josm to help new users could be a global bookmark. A
difficulty for first time users of Josm is finding where they live and
bookmarking it.

If most towns and cities are available through an RSS style live bookmark
(perhaps based on the geonames database), first time users can find their home
quickly.