[OSM-dev] JOSM gcj

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Apr 17 17:01:37 BST 2007

Hi,

> A great add-on for josm to help new users could be a global
> bookmark. A
> difficulty for first time users of Josm is finding where they live and
> bookmarking it.

If anyone does work in that area, I'd be glad to talk to them, as
I've been working on restructuring the JOSM download dialog, adding a
hook for plugins so that plugins can register "additional ways of
determining a bounding box". That would be an ideal place for a
shared/global bookmark plugin. I had a preliminary discussion with
Imi about the plan and he liked the idea, however I haven't had the
opportunity to discuss my prototype with him.

Bye
Frederik