[OSM-dev] JOSM gcj

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Apr 18 09:43:51 BST 2007

Hi,

> Just for that feature I'm ready to bear your child.. Well almost..
> Need serious reconstructive surgery first... ;)

Um... er... ;-)

> I was actually planning on making a plugin, that could overlay a
> TileXX (where XX defaults to 12, but could be decrease or increased
> via a button) grid over the JOSM workarea, but this functionality
> you implemented is justs as good.

There is a plugin in svn called "slippymap" that does this (for l12),
but it is somewhat alpha. It can load existing tiles from the tile
server into the background and does show a l12/l7 grid, and it was
intended to add functionality to request re-rendering and display
meta information. But there are some issues with it, notably that it
sits before any other (landsat etc.) background, making that
invisible. And I wanted to put the "select download area by tile
number" feature into the plugin, and for that I have to first re-
structure the download dialog to allow plugins to define areas....
and then there are so many other things ;-)

Bye
Frederik