[OSM-dev] Request for Comments API URL

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Apr 18 12:19:41 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 11:52 +0100, SteveC wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 11:41 +0100, David Sheldon wrote:
> > Why can't we suggest that URL is used, and have both work in the mean
> > time. Apache can proxy api.xxx to www.
>
> Because why does it help having two URLs to exactly the same thing,
> compared to spending 5 minutes fixing something in the rails port, which
> actually has new features in it?

Let me rephrase that a bit and repeat, it's a good feature but there is
already a full plate for 0.4. If you want 0.4 to scale beyond one
machine then that's totally possible and not really difficult but the
code (and um, the second machine) doesn't exist. I feel that messing
around with URLs doesn't solve the lack of hardware or code and is sort
of rearranging deck chairs on the titanic. 0.3 has been a moving target
to replicate in 0.4 as it is.

If anyone is having problems getting an instance of rails up please just
mail here for solutions.

have fun,