[OSM-dev] Maplint maximum errors (was: How to change maplint tests)

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Sat Apr 21 14:28:00 BST 2007

On Saturday 21 April 2007 12:36, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Or we just decreee that maplint in t at h is always exactly the same as
> standalone maplint (that'll generate less confusion), and symlink
> everything including tests.xsl?

Various people have suggested making maplint stop after a certain number of
errors when in tiles at home mode  (like when compilers give up after they've
told you about the first 2000 errors)

Otherwise we get areas like this:

http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/Browse/?x=5243&y=12663&z=15&tileset=3

...which apparently require huge amounts of RAM to create, and could be
replaced with a big "HAVE YOU HEARD OF REUSABLE NODES?" image, or similar...

Regards,

OJW