[OSM-dev] New t at h client with local map feature

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Apr 21 23:25:50 BST 2007

Hi,

   I'm always undecided where to post t at h client things... talk or
dev?

Anyway, I think some folks (hi Hakan) may be interested in the
following change I've just uploaded to SVN: You can now set a
"LocalSlippymap" parameter in your tiles at home config file which will
cause the program to write your tiles into a tree structure suitable
for use with an OpenLayers "likeGoogle" layer. This is a nice thing
if you want to "roll your own" slippy map for a local area, maybe
with different style sheets than the global layer has.

A modified version of lowzoom.pl to run off the local tile storage
and create local lowzoom tiles is not yet uploaded, but in the queue.

(Another change I commited earlier is the ability to pipe data
through any sequence of preprocessors, instead of only one, but
that's probably a rather esoteric demand for current users.)

I hope I haven't broken anything.

Bye
Frederik

--