[OSM-dev] JOSM

Andy Street mail at andystreet.me.uk
Sun Apr 22 18:03:31 BST 2007

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 18:28:34 +0200 Christoph Eckert <ce at christeck.de>
wrote:

> What about reading the mappaint plugin's code to get a clue if
> certain "objects" can be hidden? Somehow I guess that the mappaint
> plugin already has some of the needed code in it.

Indeed it does. I have had an email exchange with Damian Sulewski on
this subject and he has a patch that hides ways using the <zoom>
element in elemstyles.xml. The issues we found while doing this were:

* His patch also required modifications to the core JOSM code (although
only a small change).
* While mappaint doesn't draw hidden items they are still selectable.
* A user could move a node without realising that there were hidden
ways attached thus corrupting the hidden ways.

Regards,

Andy