[OSM-dev] Blue sea for tiles at home

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:11:29 BST 2007

On 4/24/07, Robert Hart <bathterror at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you not document how the process is done and then we can split the task
> over many people. I assume you are not hand editing a 4MB binary file, so
> there must be some "source" and tools involved.
> I'd really like to see those made publically available.

Well, it's a side-effect of the process described here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Tiles%40home/Dev/Coastline

In theory it's distributable, though there is some manual work
involved (you have to guess land/sea and then chekc that it actually
looks ok). You then have the problem of merging the results. While at
some point I'll be putting the code up (but busy now), if in the
meantime I get some idea of the important areas I can render them in
the meantime.

Have a nice day,