[OSM-dev] Bug Bounties

Nick Burch openstreetmap at gagravarr.org
Tue Apr 24 11:36:20 BST 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Nick Black wrote:
> Postcode search for the UK now implemented in rails:
>
> trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/sites/rails_port/app/controllers/geocoder_c
> ontroller.rb

I've switched this to using the npemap api. That way, we get both npemap
and freethepostcode data

> Zip codes should be possible

geocoder.us and geocoder.ca both have a nice non-commerical use api for
looking up zipcodes. I've updated the controller to use these. I've also
added some attribution under the search box, which geonames and
geocoder.ca/.us both require.

Anyone know of a free geocode api for any other countries?

Nick